"Shalom Aleichem"

Thursday 11 January 2007


There they go!...
Final exodus was there… of my unseen confrères. Thought these parched eyes will look on me in mercy, but no!... my fidus achates’ were nowhere to be seen. But how could I let them go? Wasn’t I supposed to stop them?

Still no word was spoken!
For I know… senile are these words.
Cloyed with infirmities…
And gradually, this unheard silence of mine,
Became nothing,
But a grave of my emotions!

Albeit, I was surviving... (wasn’t I?)
But that mysterious gravity of anonymity was alluring me, far from life where laughter was a sin, and crying was a misdemenour. But why? Why was I confined? Wasn’t I supposed to rebel against them?

Still no word was spoken!
For I know… senile are these words.
Cloyed with infirmities…
And gradually, this unheard silence of mine,
Became nothing,
But a grave of my emotions!

To every whit, I was broken,
But this invincible silence overwhelms me into nothing but a frigid soul.
And look at me… Here I am! Beyond all the sufferance and the mirth…

May my emotions resideth in peace… beneath the veil of my silence!
Amen!...

© Honey Digra

7 Comments:

JPG said...

wow! sweet and serene.. u've beautifuly put the calmness of ur thoughts into words.. this is the magic of word power... loved it.. if u dnt mind can i keep it in one of my collections.

even i do try my hand at writing .. can check on my profile :)

:) hope to read more frm u

Anonymous said...

Very good... The "n'" in the lines sort of break the flow a little, but other than that I thought it was an amazing work of poetry. Keep at it, you've definitely got a talent.

Anonymous said...

Hey nice one......

HD said...

Thanx Kate

Anonymous said...

hey it's u to the hilt.......both the poems

Rinchen said...

Who's "they"? I think I didnt understand it properly :D But I still love the poem...

HD said...

'They' is used under the context of 'parched eyes'...so it stands for 'tears'..Neways thanx alot..